20:17, Sat 4 May
Docky91
Taitys T-Shirt
We're all gutted, it's obvious, but GC is instrumental to Knighthead, in so many ways.
He's made a mistake, but, long-term, we need to look at the not bigger, but massive picture that Tom Wagner is painting.
GC, is highly regarded not just in football, but other sports and industry and commerce, across the board.
Don't let the blame game come back and bite us in the ass, Tom Wagner chose GC, who has given us a great future already just in increase in revenue.
We owe it to TW, to stand by his choice, GC will repay us long-term tenfold.(At least)

The last thing we want is someone else, not necessarily in football, seeing GC, as their next chairman or CEO.
That may be shattering to TW, going forward.

Keep the faith.The future is massive.

Is he highly regarded in other fields? He was binned out of Man City for a public shambles and he did absolutely zero at Nike when he was involved in ‘brand Jordan’ which I believe got retitled to ‘brand opportunism’ under his tenorship only to go back.

I am a highly successful director working for a company 100 x the size of Blues, i can tell you one thing, if my CEO was Wagner, Cooke would be gone tonight

He seems like a guy very likely to phone me up offering me the opportunity to buy the golden gate bridge
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Reported
🎶That Rab C Nesbitt, he stalks who he wants🎶
Tony Fantastico
20:20, Sat 4 May
malahideblues
Docky91
Taitys T-Shirt
We're all gutted, it's obvious, but GC is instrumental to Knighthead, in so many ways.
He's made a mistake, but, long-term, we need to look at the not bigger, but massive picture that Tom Wagner is painting.
GC, is highly regarded not just in football, but other sports and industry and commerce, across the board.
Don't let the blame game come back and bite us in the ass, Tom Wagner chose GC, who has given us a great future already just in increase in revenue.
We owe it to TW, to stand by his choice, GC will repay us long-term tenfold.(At least)

The last thing we want is someone else, not necessarily in football, seeing GC, as their next chairman or CEO.

Is he highly regarded in other fields? He was binned out of Man City for a public shambles and he did absolutely zero at Nike when he was involved in ‘brand Jordan’ which I believe got retitled to ‘brand opportunism’ under his tenorship only to go back.

I am a highly successful director working for a company 100 x the size of Blues, i can tell you one thing, if my CEO was Wagner, Cooke would be gone tonight

He seems like a guy very likely to phone me up offering me the opportunity to buy the golden gate bridge

So, if Wagner keeps him on, it's all his fault?
20:26, Sat 4 May
Taitys T-Shirt
malahideblues
Docky91
Taitys T-Shirt

So, if Wagner keeps him on, it's all his fault?

Yes
He actually said “We’ll have the biggest budget the championship has ever seen” when asked about relegation he said “nothing changes, it will just cost us (Knighthead) more” (as the tv rights payments are lower). Going on what was said at the Open House and on previous posts on here, there is no FFP as such in league one. Wages can only be a certain % of turnover but the owners can gift money to the club and it counts towards revenue. In effect if TW wants - he can bankroll his way out of the league.
The challenge we’ll have is getting that recruitment right creating a well balanced squad. I have faith in the power of the project that we will be able to entice players who would not normally consider League One.
It’s certainly not going to be a ‘cake walk’ but those with the biggest budgets tend to finish highest in the league.
00:57, Sun 5 May
With the rule change on investment not being limited (only wages as a % of turnover), with our new higher revenue - that contributes to turnover so wages shouldn’t be an issue.

But am I right in thinking that if Wagner puts in £50m to buy players, league 1 rules won’t care, but if we get promoted to the championship then that investment get treated as per Championship rules, so could bite us? Or is it not included and so is a genuine ‘free hit’ on investment???
07:34, Sun 5 May
Taitys T-Shirt

👍 Bob on Fella
Shabby Grifter
100%

They've been in charge since July 2023, less than a year. One mistake. And I'm seeing some fans on here and one on Twitter either call for Garry Cook to resign or attack Tom Wagner.

Next level trolling I think.... FEA & KRO

The captain of the Titanic made just One Mistake too.
Cook can't be trusted with regard to the 'on field' stuff.
Tam
09:49, Sun 5 May
Bordesley not Small Heath
Shabby Grifter
100%

They've been in charge since July 2023, less than a year. One mistake. And I'm seeing some fans on here and one on Twitter either call for Garry Cook to resign or attack Tom Wagner.

Next level trolling I think.... FEA & KRO

The captain of the Titanic made just One Mistake too.
Cook can't be trusted with regard to the 'on field' stuff.

True, but he didn't exactly get the chance to correct the error. This isn't terminal, by contrast, and he's instrumental to the club's plans going forward.
Make Blues Great Again
09:58, Sun 5 May
Yes he was instrumental in the infrastructure and profile being built at man city to enable the success to follow.

We need to get our heads out our arses and look forward, with Cook being a key part of it. This journey is way more than this years team on the pitch.

You look what cook and his team have done with the stadium and match day experience in such a small space of time.

The plans are huge even for this summer in ways we have never experienced.

The Rooney decision should not define him let’s look at the bigger picture you miserable fookers the future is so positive we just need to get onboard the bus and enjoy the ride.

The media have created a sacking culture for any mistake instead of people being able to learn from mistakes and putting it right.
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
But we’re not the vile and we’ve not dropped into the ultra competitive championship. It’s League One-which Rotherham have bounced back from at the first time of asking for their last 3 relegations. We will have the biggest budget League One has ever seen- yes with that comes pressure and we will be a cup final for most teams - but we will win the league in spectacular fashion. I’m not a dreamer and certainly not arrogant as I’ve been a ST holder for 40 years and have witnessed the absolute dross of the last 10 years. This reset comes at the perfect time and I think some will be shocked at who we are able to entice to the project. Our future starts now 👊🏼

That's the ticket! 💙👏 Anyone still mithering on about GC getting the sack is a chunt in my eyes. Forwards, The Blue express is leaving the station and be on it or eff off to 4 sheds.
Up the feckin Blues
10:08, Sun 5 May
That’s a fair point about Rotherham. No disrespect to them but they’re pretty toss every time they come up, so if they can get promoted from league 1 easily with not many resources then surely we can do it.