19:04, Sat 4 May
If he was coming back he would have been at the match today.
Both WM and the Mail have been casting doubt over him returning for the last week so I suspect the decision was made then.
19:06, Sat 4 May
Your right. What I would say though is there appears to be an expectation from many that he's definitely coming back. The facts appear to be more against it.

- He's 60.
- He has had recent health problems
- 12 months ago he was managing a team in the Championship playoffs now he is managing a team in League One.

60 is not old.

FFS.

Sorry, I’ve had no choice but to report you.
19:08, Sat 4 May
Based on nothing but a gut feeling, I don’t think he’ll be back.
19:10, Sat 4 May
Rowett said this week 'we wish him luck, the condition he's in'. Not was in. Is in. No one, no one is saying 'recovery/recovered'.
19:10, Sat 4 May
- 12 months ago he was managing a team in the Championship playoffs now he is managing a team in League One.

This.

Even if he was fully recovered I'm not sure L1 would interest him.

My expectation is that Rowett gets the job full time.
19:13, Sat 4 May

This.

It’s not as if Mowbray is a stranger to the third division and there is absolutely no chance of Rowett getting the job. Garry told me himself
19:14, Sat 4 May
Wagner - Tony, can you tell us if you are better or not? Need to know asap, this week if possible, because Quark who posts on smallheathalliance thinks we should make a statement 😂
19:15, Sat 4 May
IIRC heard he was living in an apartment/hotel on his own for most of week then driving back up to the north east after games to spend w/e with his family

Thats difficult if you're fully fit
19:16, Sat 4 May
lowercaser

This.

I think the opposite - I think he will be motivated to put thinks right. Taking the job then being out of action while we got relegated will hurt the kind of person I think he is.

I'd be amazed if Rowett is in consideration. Any long term appointment is going to be someone who gets the team playing attacking, possession based football. Rowett sets his teams up to do neither.
19:16, Sat 4 May
Just wish Tony all the best what ever he does.
KRO FEA
19:17, Sat 4 May
Agree, any slight notion of Rowett continuing will have gone after the last 2 away results
19:20, Sat 4 May
Freddie Pickering
Just wish Tony all the best what ever he does.
KRO FEA

This.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
19:21, Sat 4 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I think most fans have been respectful and appreciated the need for privacy and whatnot, but we have been without our current manager and his trusted lieutenant for a good while now. And we’ve been relegated.

Cook et al like to emphasise how special the fans are. It wouldn't hurt now to give some indication. It’s a big summer. There’s not much time to eff about. People, fans, the special fans, probably deserve a bit of reassurance that the hard work starts now, and that the right people are in place to start it.

I agree.

I want Mowbray back more than anything, especially as that means he will be back to full health but if we’re not 100% sure he’s well enough for the season we need to take action

I love the bastard but as with all employees the club will be ruthless.

Up the uncle Tony.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:23, Sat 4 May
I wish him all the best and hope he returns obviously. His health should come first though. Either way we need a decision to be made soon. We can’t afford to go into another season with no manager in the pre season, or one that’s going to be changed midway through.
19:28, Sat 4 May
wookie
He might come back, he might not - it is just guessing.

Some people will be right and then tell everyone that ‘they told you so’.

Some people will be wrong so won’t be able to do that.

Whichever way it transpires….

👍 Whatever he decides - love the bloke.
Up the feckin Blues