10:49, Sun 5 May
Ok for now I'll go with your optimism, however once the owners realise a drop of revenue by about 25 million (FA source), much lower average attendances and sponsorship, remember the project is about infastructure.
10:50, Sun 5 May
It’s not optimism, it’s logic. And our revenues will not drop by £25M, they won’t even drop.
Happy Clapper
10:51, Sun 5 May
number8
The exact opposite - we need to go into next season confident we are going to batter teams. None of this meek bullshit for once.

Times are changing.

No-fear football one might say.
10:51, Sun 5 May
quoman
I hope you are correct, however the likes of Sunderland, Derby and Portsmouth to name a few were the 'big' boys. If we build slowly it will last, if not we could join the yo yo brigade for several years

And Derby for eg have got out 2nd season - and they weren't financially flush either - we are and that will tell. Sunderland were buggered financially, as for Pompey not sure tbh, but assume the same.
Up the feckin Blues
10:56, Sun 5 May
I'm also applying logic, at the seasons end there were 8 former premier league teams in League 1, it really is'nt as easy as some may think, as they say its the hope that kills you and think of a possible cup draw against the Villa, even if it is their under 23's !!!
10:58, Sun 5 May
I can’t help you then, you keep comparing us to skint clubs who had no material advantage in League One. That won’t be us, it’s not relevant.
Happy Clapper
11:04, Sun 5 May
Take yer fingers out of yer ears it might help and then apply some actual logic. 😉
11:08, Sun 5 May
quoman
I hope you are correct, however the likes of Sunderland, Derby and Portsmouth to name a few were the 'big' boys. If we build slowly it will last, if not we could join the yo yo brigade for several years

Portsmouth in particular were a train crash. Why are you, with respect, rewriting history? Pompey’s very existence was in grave danger. It was a matter of time of how long it took them to drop into league two or lower. They were not expected to bounce back by anyone, least of all their own fans.
11:10, Sun 5 May
There's been 51 Premier League teams in history, at least 7 have to be outside the top two divisions.

You’re being pessimistic over basic mathematics
Happy Clapper
11:20, Sun 5 May

They were all in the shitter .

Portsmouth Derby Peterborough and Bolton top 4 this year. All with higher value squads than the rest
Redditch Blue
This is all fine and you’re entitled to your opinion of course, but you’re making a load of assumptions yourself too.
You don’t know Stockport are going to do well, for example.
As ever, it’s all moot anyway. There is nothing dangerous in fans making predictions. It doesn’t matter what the fans think, it’s what the owners, management and players actually do.

This. I'd like the owners/management to treat the league with respect and understand a summer of hard work and critically identifying the right players will be key. If we do that, we'll be okay.
11:59, Sun 5 May
It’s good to see a bit of sense being spoken here.
Yes we will relatively have a lot of cash to spend
Yes we already have some players more than good enough for this division
But we have to find a lot of players to replace the ones going and possibly a new manager
This may not be anywhere near as easy as some seem to think
I am expecting a slow start
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:07, Sun 5 May
It won’t be easy - finishing top of a league with 46 games never is. The difference is that next year, we have better resources than anyone else in the league to do it. There are no excuses about parachute payments or Premiership squads. There’s no excuses about shit players on big contracts or FFP holding us back... We’ve got everything we need to win the league comfortably. If we don’t, it’ll be because we have effed it up.
12:08, Sun 5 May
All the players leaving are shit, it’s an exciting time to finally be able to spend some money in replacing them with some quality.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.