12:04, Wed 24 Apr
Westbo90
Gets a bit boring every year this.
Seems to happen like clockwork.

The good intended well wishes for St. George's day start.
Normally gets to around 4-5 posts before somebody feels the need to bring up that he was from turkey/Palestine/insert any other country you fancy.
Who actually gives a shit if you want to celebrate the national day great. If you don't.. don't, let other people enjoy the day.

And certainly don't get offended by an extremely minimal amount of bell*nds using it as an excuse to act like the prats they clearly are.

Fair enough in some respects but I think you’ll find what turned the thread that way was our hooligan apologist complaining about the treatment of those merely out ‘celebrating’ and having a go (strangely) at the police for daring to keep public order (or ‘two tier’ policing or whatever it is he claims - presumably that’s Khan’s London for you).

Perhaps if they want to celebrate don’t turn it into some event for a bigots parade. That would help. Personally I think a good way of celebrating England is not to make it a very dubious overtly nationalist show.

Yeah .... i see nothing wrong with people celebrating it ... but the march in London with "we want our country back" being chanted wasn't "a celebration" it was a bunch of xenophobic ignorant knuckle draggers hiding their bigoted views behind the flag.

PS .. in the factual thing i did from live streams from the march, protest i said there was actually almost no trouble apart from a bit of pushing and shoving and jostling when about a dozen people tried to push through Police lines ..... and then everyone wandered off.... but later i watched a couple that were streamed later on from outside a pub where there was initially bottle throwing and then slightly ugly scenes and lots of confrontation

If anyone wants to watch a few hours of it all then just search for darren edmundson on FB ... leader of Pembrokeshire Patriot and host of the Late Night Veterans Show podcast
12:14, Wed 24 Apr
There was a lovely, peaceful, celebratory parade in our little town on Sunday. No one was draped in flags, none was shouting or chanting, just a lovely parade of scouts brownies cub and eff knows who else through the town, with onlookers applauding. Nobody was offended because nobody was being offensive. Then everyone went home for their tea.
12:16, Wed 24 Apr
Westbo90
Gets a bit boring every year this.
Seems to happen like clockwork.

The good intended well wishes for St. George's day start.
Normally gets to around 4-5 posts before somebody feels the need to bring up that he was from turkey/Palestine/insert any other country you fancy.
Who actually gives a shit if you want to celebrate the national day great. If you don't.. don't, let other people enjoy the day.

And certainly don't get offended by an extremely minimal amount of bell*nds using it as an excuse to act like the prats they clearly are.

Fair enough in some respects but I think you’ll find what turned the thread that way was our hooligan apologist complaining about the treatment of those merely out ‘celebrating’ and having a go (strangely) at the police for daring to keep public order (or ‘two tier’ policing or whatever it is he claims - presumably that’s Khan’s London for you).

Perhaps if they want to celebrate don’t turn it into some event for a bigots parade. That would help. Personally I think a good way of celebrating England is not to make it a very dubious overtly nationalist show.

Yeah .... i see nothing wrong with people celebrating it ... but the march in London with "we want our country back" being chanted wasn't "a celebration" it was a bunch of xenophobic ignorant knuckle draggers hiding their bigoted views behind the flag.

PS .. in the factual thing i did from live streams from the march, protest i said there was actually almost no trouble apart from a bit of pushing and shoving and jostling when about a dozen people tried to push through Police lines ..... and then everyone wandered off.... but later i watched a couple that were streamed later on from outside a pub where there was initially bottle throwing and then slightly ugly scenes and lots of confrontation

If anyone wants to watch a few hours of it all then just search for darren edmundson on FB ... leader of Pembrokeshire Patriot and host of the Late Night Veterans Show podcast

Welsh fecker?
Sure you wasn’t just at a fete?
12:18, Wed 24 Apr
There was a lovely, peaceful, celebratory parade in our little town on Sunday. No one was draped in flags, none was shouting or chanting, just a lovely parade of scouts brownies cub and eff knows who else through the town, with onlookers applauding. Nobody was offended because nobody was being offensive. Then everyone went home for their tea.

exactly how it should be ..... apart from there was no "it's a knockout " competition, Morris dancing and picnic ... shoddy
12:22, Wed 24 Apr
Gpwm
To be honest,I didn’t have a fecking clue what was going on. I thought it was some kind of jamboree.
😂 sounds delightful to be fair
12:26, Wed 24 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Going home for tea, fantastic but I prefer St Patrick's celebrations where you go to the pub rather than go home for tea.
13:07, Wed 24 Apr
Having to wear an outsize leprechaun hat because your great-great-great-grandmother was from the land of the potato is a minus though.